Websites - Creating a Positive First Impression
By Kimberlie Clare-Campbell
Your website is also a relatively low-cost way to make that all important first impression. Your website is the online version of your shop front; available to your visitor 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, as such it needs to compliment your businesses physical presence.
Through your website you have the power to create the exact first impression you want your customer to receive of your business.
Your websites design needs to make it easy for your visitor to find what they are looking for.
- Visually appealing first impression to keep your visitor on your site.
- Easy navigation (UI) so your visitor can find what they are looking for quickly.
- Well written informative content.
- Easy to read well laid out content (making good use of white space between lines).
- Relevant key words on each page.
- Fast loading images.
- Images with (alt tag) descriptions including relevant keywords.
- Your site is optimised for search engine readability.
- A way for your visitor to contact you.
- Internal links.
- Inbound links.
- Outbound links.
- A way for you to track your visitors and find out what is working and what is not working on your site
Your website only has 4 seconds to make a good first impression before potential customers will go somewhere else…
Conversely, anyone interested in your business will be checking out your website as part of your credibility check. If your businesses website does not exist or gives a poor impression of your business through:
- Poor design.
- Lack of structure.
- Confusing navigation.
- Hard to read text.
- Slow loading images.
- Pages "Under Construction".
- Lack of content.
Then your businesses image, credibility and sales will suffer.
Copyright © Kimberlie Clare-Campbell 2011
If you are planning a website or if you are reviewing your existing website you may also like to read these articles:
- Does Your Business Need a Website?
- Assessing the effectiveness of your website.
- SEO (search engine optimisation) what is it and tips on using it in your website.
- Creating postive first impressions with your website..
- Why some websites work and how to ensure your website is one of them.
- How to use Social Media to promote your business
All too hard? At Catalyst for Growth we make it easy for you to have a website that achieves your goals because we build websites that work. Click here to read more about our website design service.